Tuesday 8 June 2004

What's it called, again?

As I think I've mentioned before, I've become the Exchange administrator at work. To understand what's going on better, and to keep up with developments, I've subscribed to Microsoft's Exchange Team blog (aka You Had Me At EHLO, a terrible pun).

Yesterday's entry covers installing the administrative tools (Exchange Manager and the Exchange Tasks for the Active Directory Users and Computers snap-in) on a server that doesn't have Exchange installed. The thing that caught my eye is that the entry is inconsistent about the naming of Windows Server 2003 - referring to it as both ".NET Windows" and "Windows 2003 Server".

Make your minds up!

Something that makes me a little uneasy is that the admin tools install a new service 'Microsoft Exchange Management.' Why??

No comments: